First Quarter of 2017 is almost over, and during this time we continue to identify the amazing trends shaping the overall retail industry throughout 2017 and beyond. As the department store channel shrinks, and more brands fight for less space, our opinion is that brands will need to be more creative, flexible, and diversified in their approaches.
We believe the following trends are where retail is heading in 2017 and beyond:
- Battle of the marketplaces is set to continue
- Collaboration and internal alignment through Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
- 2017 will be the year of online grocery
- Robots are coming, helping to boost productivity
- Digital tools to improve customer service
- Retail store closings and consolidating
- The right Brick-and-Mortar presence will still be necessary
- Online paradigm is difficult for low-margin players, especially department stores
- 2017’s key retail theme is, supply chain visibility
- Wearable’s are making a comeback, spectacles and the case for wearable cameras
And many more.
The retail trends taking place in 2017 and how businesses are being affected is drastic. Read the full report for more information on these trends.
Tompkins International is pleased to announce that Gene Tyndall, currently Executive Vice President, Chief Solutions and Business and Development Officer, is appointed President, The MonarchFx Alliance, the Division of Tompkins International that provides eFulfillment services to sellers of products online.
Jim Tompkins, Chairman of The MonarchFx Alliance, gives more insight into what it is and how you can benefit from being a part of "The Alliance".
As always, I wish you all the best,
James A. Tompkins, Ph.D.
6870 Perry Creek Road
Raleigh NC 27616
919 855 5501 – Direct Line
919 872 9666 – Fax
919 637 2508 – Mobile